EVAAS’ international objectives are as follows:
To work collaboratively with Validators, Member States, the European Commission, Industry and other stakeholder entities to:
- Promote professionalism, consistency, effectiveness and, above all, quality in the area of air cargo security validations;
- Assist in identifying any shortcomings in the present air cargo security regulations and areas where loopholes and security risks exist
- Seek to apply lessons learned, and promote best practice where appropriate.
In particular, EVAAS will:
- Identify validation issues of a global or EU-wide nature, for follow-up with the European Commission, Member States and Industry to collaborate in further developing and improving the air cargo security programme
- Represent the collective views and experiences of validators, with the European Commission, Member States and Industry at appropriate scheduled, ad hoc and other meetings, as well as at conferences, workshops and other forums
- In the light of validators’ individual and collective practical experiences, identify and recommend validation best practices and suggestions for improvement and, after agreement with Member States, communicate to validators
- Promote more visibility with regard to validations conducted globally, thus obtaining valuable insight into various experiences, approaches to validations, and the overall global picture
- Assist in improving and harmonising training, including identifying additional training requirements and delivering training, to maintain, refresh, and improve the quality of validations
- Assist and cooperate with the European Commission, Member States and Industry to promote the concept of the ACC3 programme to relevant business entities involved in the air cargo supply chain, and other National Authorities, outside of the EU
- Establish, or cooperate in the development and operation of, a global database or register of validated business entities involved in the air cargo secure supply chain.